Dipankar’s work is weaved with urban melancholy and abstraction. He dances with forms. The enthusiasts can discover their own realities in Dipankar’s canvas. The overarching darkness and monochrome of his work reminds one of a world gone wrong. When the entire world is busy putting up the pictures of “fake-plastic trees” on the social media handle, Dipankar travels deeper into the subterranean regions of human mind. His art is not for casual stroll. His work demands your sense and sensibilities.
Born on May 10, 1980, Dipankar completed Bachelor of Visual Arts (Painting) from Indian College of Arts & Draftsmanship under Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata in 2007. He also received a Diploma in Integrated Art course of Swar Sangam in 2003 from Birla Academy of Arts & Culture, Kolkata.
- ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS 68th ,70th ,72nd
- ANNUAL EXHIBITION-2003, 2005, 2007 KOLKATA.
- INDIAN SOCIETY OF ORIENTAL ART-2003, 2004.
- CHARUKALA BARSHIK PRADARSHANI & UTSAV-2001,2002,2003,2004.
- INDIAN COLLEGE OF ARTS & DRAFTSMANSHIP (ANNUAL EXHIBITION)-2004,2005,2006,2007.
- SOUTH CENTRAL ZONE CULTURAL CENTRE, NAGPUR 19TH ALL INDIA ART CONTEST-2005 IN MAHARASHTRA.
- SWAR SANGAM (ANNUAL EXHIBITION) AT BIRLA ACADEMY-2001, 2002, 2003.
- AVANTICA INTERNATIONAL ART EXHIBITION AT KOLKATA-2003, 2004.
- NOKIA ARTS AWARDS ASIA PACIFIC -2001, NEW DELHI.
- BIRLA ACADEMY OF ARTS & CULTURE 40TH ANNUAL EXHIBITION. KOLKATA-2006.
- CAMLIN ART FOUNDATION, CAMLIN LTD. EASTERN ZONE EXHIBITION AT PATNA-2007
- ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS KOLKATA- 2004.
- AWARD FROM AVANTICA INTERNATIONAL ART EXHIBITION AT KOLKATA- 2004.
- PRINCIPAL AWARD FROM INDIAN COLLEGE OF ARTS & DRAFTSMANSHIP-2006.